January 19, 2023By Joshua Fernandez 0 Comment
In case you haven't heard, we at Positive Grid are celebrating 300,000 global Spark players. That's right – there's renewed energy for guitar, and an international community has grown around the Spark smart amp. The result is that guitarists of all skill levels and abilities are playing more than ever.
And it's got us thinking. What is it about playing guitar that means so much to so many? What brings us back to the instrument everyday to get in some coveted jam time, despite busy schedules and obligations?
The truth is that everyone's "reason why" is different. They're all uniquely valid and important motivations.
To get more insight into this idea, we asked our Spark community on social media a simple question: Why do you play? You can view a handful of the responses below, along with some answers from PG team members.
Spark 40 & Spark MINI players from around the world.
Why do you play?
- It makes me happy.
- I love experiencing the world through different music styles.
- It's something I can pour my soul into without judgement.
- What else are you going to do at 2 a.m.?
- It's unconditional happiness.
- I have something to say, and I want the world to hear it.
- For pure enjoyment.
- I can sound like like Metallica.
- Because music is in my blood.
- To feel good.
- It feels good to turn it up and play loud.
- I can get lost in trying different amps and effects.
- Your guitar deserves NOT to live in a case.
- Keith is still doing it, so shouldn't you?
- It's fun!
- The satisfaction I get from learning to play the music I enjoy listening to.
- Writing music makes you feel something.
- Everyone deserves to play
- It's inspiring.
- The world needs less TikToks and more guitar.
- Just for the pleasure of it.
- Cuz Spark sounds sooooo good.
- Because it means a lot to me.
- Music keeps me alive. Plain and simple.
- It brings me a joy I can't find elsewhere.
- You can never have enough gear.
- Because music is the fuel for life.
- Learning guitar just got easier.
- Your bandmates are from all over the world
- You’ll figure out that riff eventually.
- All it takes is ten minutes.
- You never have to play alone.
- The world is your stage.
- Sometimes you just need some alone time.
- Your neighbors weren't sleeping anyway.
- Life is more fun playing guitar.
- Your guitar will thank you later.
- Becoming great starts with a little play.
Looking for inspiration to play? You've come to the right place.
Delivering vivid, spacious sound and elevated tone, our award-winning Spark 40 smart guitar amp is a compact home rig that truly rocks. You can jam, play and practice more with millions of songs. Plus, access over 10,000 tones powered by our award-winning deeply powerful BIAS tone engine.
You’ve never heard a small amp sound like this. Introduced earlier this year, Spark MINI is a mind-blowing portable powerhouse delivering smart guitar playing to go. With multi-dimensional high-quality sound, all-new Smart Jam, video creation, and Bluetooth® audio streaming, it’s the biggest smallest rig ever.
Special 300k celebration bundles, offers and more are now live. Plug in here.
The smart guitar revolution is here. What's your reason to play?